By: Laurie A. McCarthy, Esquire
Date: November 18, 2019
The Law Firm of DiOrio & Sereni, LLP is proud to support the 5th Annual Team Cameron Toy Drive benefiting the children at Nemours/A.I. duPont Hospital for Children.
The Team Cameron Toy Drive is run by the Cameron McCarthy Foundation, named in honor of my daughter who in May of 2015 – just before her 7th birthday – was diagnosed with Ewing’s Sarcoma – a rare and aggressive form of bone cancer. Cameron endured a year of difficult treatment (17 rounds of in-patient chemotherapy and 31 proton radiation treatments), and we were very fortunate to have the support of family, friends, our community, and a good number of perfect strangers to help Cameron and our entire family endure the difficult days of diagnosis and treatment and to share with us the joy of Cameron being declared cancer-free.
We were so moved by the outpouring of love and support for our family that we want to help others impacted by childhood cancer. We established the Cameron McCarthy Foundation – a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization whose mission is to foster awareness of childhood cancer, to raise money for research, and to help support local families fighting childhood cancer.
One way we support local families is with our Team Cameron Toy Drive. Cameron’s treatment required her to spend a lot of time in the hospital, and during those hospital stays, one thing that always cheered her up was receiving a new toy. Even a small toy, game, puzzle, or craft can lift the spirits of a sick child and provide a much-needed distraction from daily life in the hospital. Cameron is now 3 ½ years cancer-free, and she loves collecting toys and delivering them to the hospital each year because she knows just how much it means to the patients.
If you would like to help us bring smiles to the faces of children undergoing treatment at Nemours/A.I. duPont Hospital for Children, please donate to our Team Cameron Toy Drive! We are collecting new, unwrapped toys for children of all ages (babies–teens) from now until December 14,2019. We have several convenient ways for you to donate.
- If you would like to make a cash donation, we are happy to do the shopping for you and provide you with a 501(c)3 tax-compliant donation receipt – please make checks payable to the Cameron McCarthy Foundation, c/o Laurie A. McCarthy, Esquire, 21 West Front Street, Media, PA 19063.
- Or, you can also purchase a toy from our Amazon Wish List—which will then be delivered directly to the Foundation by clicking here.
- Or, feel free to drop off a new, unwrapped
toy in one of our Team Cameron Toy Boxes to any of the following locations:
- The Law Firm of DiOrio and Sereni, 21 West Front Street, Media
- Aston Community Center, 3270 Concord Rd, Aston (inside the gym)
- Lee’s Auto Services, 3610 Concord Rd., Aston
- Concord Pet Foods and Supplies, 4940 Pennell Rd., Aston
- Elegant Touch Family Hair Studio, 4111 Barlow Ave, Brookhaven
- Janice’s Dance Works, 611 N Swarthmore Ave, Ridley Park, (From Dec. 9th – 14th , after 5pm).
Please join the Law Firm of DiOrio & Sereni, LLP in helping to kick off what will hopefully be our biggest Team Cameron Toy Drive yet!
The Law Firm of DiOrio & Sereni, LLP is a full-service law firm in Media, Delaware County, Pennsylvania. We strive to help people, businesses and institutions throughout Southeastern Pennsylvania solve legal problems – and even prevent legal problems before they occur. To learn more about the full range of our specific practice areas, please visit www.dioriosereni.com or contact Laurie A. McCarthy, Esquire at 610-565-5700 or at [email protected].
Like what you see? Join our mailing list