Legal Seperation

Pennsylvania law does not strictly provide for legal separation. However, you can enter into legal separation in Pennsylvania by creating a Separation and Property Settlement Agreement, which is a legally binding contract recognized by the courts, which establishes the terms of the separation:

  • Division of property

  • Custody, support and visitation of children

  • The need for spousal support during the separation period

This agreement establishes temporary conditions to cover the period of separation. In the event of a later divorce, the terms and conditions of a final divorce decree override the provisions of the Separation and Property Settlement Agreement.

For many couples experiencing marital conflict, a temporary separation provides the space needed to resolve their issues and build stronger family relationships. And even if the marriage eventually ends in divorce, both parties can find it easier to negotiate a fair settlement. The attorneys at DiOrio & Sereni, LLP have decades of experience providing valuable legal insight to guide you through the vital decisions that affect the lives of your family. Call our Media, Pennsylvania office for a consultation.

Contact the Law Firm of DiOrio & Sereni, LLP

For a private consultation, call us at 610-565-5700 or send us an e-mail. Evening and weekend consultations can be arranged upon request, and we will travel to meet with you, if necessary. We accept Discover, Visa and MasterCard.

The National Trial Lawyers

The Law Firm of DiOrio & Sereni, LLP, is located in Media, PA and serves clients in and around Media, Glen Riddle Lima, Brookhaven, Wallingford, Newtown Square, Lenni, Springfield, Swarthmore, Chester, Aston, Bryn Mawr, Morton, Woodlyn, Broomall, Gradyville, Folsom, Chester Heights, Crum Lynne, Glen Mills, Marcus Hook, Ridley Park, Drexel Hill, Marple, Bethel, Garnet Valley, Chadds Ford Concord, Chester County, Delaware County, Montgomery County, Philadelphia County.

Design by and Bret Black

This web site is designed for general information only. The information presented at this site should not be construed to be formal legal advice nor the formation of a lawyer/client relationship.
Site Map | Disclaimer