- Employment Law —We help protect employees’ rights in the workplace, including protection against unlawful discrimination based upon race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability, and pregnancy; sexual harassment; retaliation; wrongful discharge; and violation of equal pay laws and wage and hour laws, including overtime. We help defend employers against baseless employment claims, and we counsel employers how to avoid legal problems in the workplace. We also represent employees and employers in unemployment compensation disputes.
- Divorce, Custody, Support and Family Law —We help our clients with legal problems involving separation, divorce, equitable distribution of marital assets, spousal support, alimony, child custody and visitation, and child support. To help avoid potential legal problems, we also prepare prenuptial agreements for our clients who are considering marriage. For additional information on the types of divorce, click HERE.
- Medical Malpractice —We help victims of medical carelessness and recklessness who have been seriously injured. Our goals are to achieve for them full and fair compensation and to improve safety for all patients.
- Serious Personal Injury —We help victims of carelessness and recklessness who have been seriously injured, such as brain or spinal cord injury, broken bones, scarring or disfigurement or other injury that results in serious impairment. Our goals are to achieve for them full and fair compensation and to improve the safety of our community.
- Wills, Estate Planning and Administration —We help our clients with crafting and putting into place effective estate plans. We prepare all necessary documents, such as wills, trusts, durable powers of attorney, advance health care directives, and living wills. We also help our clients with guardianships.
- Real Estate Law and Landlord-Tenant Law —We help our clients with the purchase and sale of residential and commercial real estate, from the negotiation of the real estate deal all the way to the real estate closing. We also help our clients with real estate leasing and valuation.
- Commercial Litigation —We represent businesses as plaintiffs or defendants in all types of business disputes, from breach of contract to unfair competition, from ownership disputes to violation of confidentiality or non-compete agreements.
- Business Transactions —We help our clients with negotiating, preparing and reviewing all types of documents involved in business transactions. We also help our clients with the purchase and sale of businesses.
- Defamation, Libel and Slander —We help protect our clients’ right to reputation, including protection against media defamation, internet defamation, libel, and slander. We also help protect our clients against invasion of privacy.
- School and Municipal Law —We help our clients in the wide-ranging areas of education law and municipal law.
- Criminal Defense – Every person charged with a crime enjoys the constitutional right to a competent defense attorney. If you or a loved one are facing criminal charges, it is important to find and engage an experienced, highly skilled and effective criminal defense attorney who offers you personalized attention and creative solutions.
- Insurance Bad Faith – Insurance companies are required to promptly and reasonably investigate and pay claims under the terms of their insurance policies, but they often refuse to pay valid claims or delay payments for unreasonable periods of time. In many cases, insurance knowingly delay or deny valid insurance claims.
- Charity and Nonprofit Law – Charitable and nonprofit organizations deserve legal advice that they can count on. From the forming of a charity or nonprofit organization, to obtaining tax-exempt status from the IRS, to complying with federal and state laws governing fund-raising and operations, to considering new opportunities, and to navigating challenging times, charities and nonprofit organizations can benefit from having an experienced, highly-skilled and effective attorney who understand their mission, their budgetary constraints, and the complex legal issues they face.
- Animal Rights and Welfare – Our pets are our family members and companions. As society better recognizes the increasingly significant role of animals in our lives and animals’ corresponding rights to humane treatment, we encounter more and more legal issues involving animal rights and welfare. Pennsylvania law is comprehensive and detailed and protects against many different forms of animal abuse and mistreatment.
- Arbitration and Mediation —We help our clients with the arbitration and mediation processes, focusing upon quick, inexpensive and cooperative ways to resolve disputes. We also are proud to serve as mediators and arbitrators for other law firms who entrust us with that immense responsibility.
- Jury Consulting —Before your case goes to trial, Jury-FocusedSM can provide an affordable yet customized means to discover and properly adapt to how prospective jurors will perceive and react to your and your adversary’s case presentations, parties, witnesses and key evidence. So Jury-FocusedSM can then help you assist your actual jury with its primary mission – the search for the truth. Jury-FocusedSM utilizes the focus group concept, borrowed from the marketing field. Jury focus groups help identify and analyze significant factual issues in the case, provide feedback about case theories and themes, assess witness credibility, evaluate demonstrative evidence, and give valuable insight into the jury decision-making process.
Contact the Law Firm of DiOrio & Sereni, LLP
To schedule an initial consultation, contact us online or call us at 610-565-5700.
For your convenience, we will arrange an evening or weekend consultation and even travel to meet with you, if necessary. We accept Discover, Visa and MasterCard.