DEFAMATION LAW ATTORNEYS IN
MEDIA, DELAWARE COUNTY, PA
INVASION OF PRIVACY
False statements of fact can cause considerable harm to the reputation of an individual or a business, damaging professional and personal relationships. Not all embarrassing or harmful statements made about an individual or a business, however, create an actionable claim. An experienced attorney can help determine whether you have been defamed or suffered an invasion of privacy or whether you are being improperly accused of harming another because of your statements about them.
OUR DEFAMATION LAW PRACTICE
We represent individuals and businesses whose reputation has been damaged by the false statements of others, and we defend those who have been wrongly accused of harming others relating to these types of claims:
- Defamation – Defamation occurs when a person makes a false statement about your character and as a result you suffer personal and/or professional harm. Defamation can negatively impact a person’s standing in the community and could result in the loss of a job or difficulty obtaining employment in the future.
- Libel – Libel is the act of defaming another person through the written word. This may occur in a newspaper or other type of publication, or online in a posted article or blog or even in social media.
- Slander – When a person makes a false, unwritten statement about the character or professional standing of another person, he or she had committed slander.
- Invasion of Privacy – A claim for invasion of privacy may include portraying a person in a false light, the unauthorized use of someone’s likeness or name, or unreasonably publicizing a person’s private life to the public.
- Commercial Disparagement – A business whose goods and services have been falsely portrayed to the public may have a claim for the resulting financial losses.
Contact the Law Firm of DiOrio & Sereni, LLP
To schedule an initial consultation, contact us online or call us at 610-565-5700. Evening and weekend consultations can be arranged upon request, and we will travel to meet with you, if necessary. We accept Discover, Visa and MasterCard.