Problems Prevented and Solved
- Successfully asserted claims on behalf of home health care company against its former key executives who had established competing company in violation of restrictive covenants and nondisclosure agreements, resulting in issuance of injunction against competing company and its owners.
- Represented computer technology firm and prevailed in injunction proceedings against former employees who violated restrictive covenants which prohibited post-employment competition and solicitation.
- Negotiated settlement favorable to corporate client to resolve federal court litigation brought by former employees alleging claims of sexual harassment and retaliation.
- Secured dismissal of charges of hostile work environment and sexual harassment asserted against health care provider.
- Represented physician against major health system and reached favorable resolution of claims alleging sexual harassment, disability discrimination, hostile work environment, and retaliation.
- Negotiated and prepared physician employment agreements with practice group.
- Provided counseling to employers relating to requests for reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act.
- Provided counseling to employers to facilitate smooth transition of employees who are separating from employment.
- Provided counseling to employers relating to requests for leave under the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA).
- Negotiated severance packages and prepared separation agreements and releases relating to departures of employees working in an array of industries including, for example, health care, insurance, hospitality, residential leasing, computer technology, and relocation and storage services.
- Created employee handbooks and employment policies and reviewed existing handbooks and polices for employers in a wide range of industries.
- Evaluated proposed terms of independent contractor relationships to assist companies to minimize the risk of misclassification claims.
- Reviewed wage structures and payment practices for employers to ensure compliance with federal and state wage and hour laws.
- Litigated federal court action on behalf of former executive employee of Fortune 500 food services company, asserting claims of age discrimination and retaliation, securing favorable settlement of case following denial of employer’s motion for summary judgment.
- Asserted whistleblower and sex discrimination claims on behalf of former sales employee against Fortune 50 technology company and negotiated favorable settlement pre-trial.
- Represented former private school teacher who asserted state whistleblower and wrongful termination claims, resulting in favorable pre-trial resolution.
- Mediated FMLA, disability, and wrongful discharge claims on behalf of former health care worker against national provider of senior living services, obtaining favorable resolution prior to filing lawsuit.
- Negotiated favorable severance package on behalf of former executive of large regional healthcare network who asserted claims of disability discrimination and wrongful discharge.