Problems Prevented and Solved
COMMERCIAL LITIGATION AND COUNSELING
- Successfully defended landlord against claims of racial discrimination brought under the Fair Housing Act, resulting in the dismissal of rental applicants’ claims.
- Obtained dismissal of claims on behalf of a landlord brought by tenants alleging disability discrimination, failure to accommodate, and retaliation.
- Obtained six-figure jury verdict in favor of key executive after purchaser of executive’s majority interest in technology company improperly terminated his employment in breach of stock sale agreement and employment contract.
- Defended general partner against claims asserted by limited partners alleging breach of fiduciary duty and conversion, resulting in award in favor of general partner.
- Secured payment of title insurance proceeds for property owner where title search failed to reveal proper legal boundaries of real estate.
- Resolved disputes among owners of closely held businesses, avoiding costly litigation.
- Recovered funds misappropriated from company by former bookkeeper.
- Defended minority member of limited liability company against claims brought by majority members who sought payment of company debt by minority member, achieving pre-trial resolution and avoiding costly litigation.
- Provided counseling to real estate development group to resolve dispute among trust beneficiaries of real property.
- Provided guidance to land developer regarding requirements for obtaining property tax relief.
- Created and reviewed commercial contracts, such as vendor contracts, lease agreements, sales contracts, restrictive covenants, and employment contracts.
- Provided counseling to commercial clients regarding compliance with construction requirements and requests for reasonable accommodation to premises under the Americans with Disabilities Act and Fair Housing Act.
- Created and reviewed key agreements in the formation of corporations, limited liability companies and partnerships.
- Represented seller in transfer of dental practice.